As is customary with spring, you might be diving deep into cleaning your home (hello, cobwebs and dust bunnies!)
I pray the fun meme above gave you a smile, but I also pray that it serves as a reminder to do a little “junk-drawer-clean-out” of your soul today.
Are there any habits or patterns stuffed in your metaphorical “junk drawer” that need to be cleaned out?
- Eating all of the Girl Scout cookies in one sitting?
- Repeat late night Netflix binges that have you so tired you skip your AM sweat sessions?
- Incessant (and unwarranted) worry over your job, parents, kiddos…?
- Jealousy over Sister-Suzy-Christian’s-
- Target spending sprees that rack up your debt…again?
- A past offense? (Including unkind comments on a FB post!)
I encourage you to heed Paul’s words as you welcome this new season:
“…let us strip off every weight that slows us down,
especially the sin that so easily trips us up.
And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus,
the champion who initiates and perfects our faith…”
What will you release as you enter this new season? Feel free to comment below–
I would love to pray for you!