Timeless tips & tools for your journey to health & wholeness
When I first set out to lose weight, I was 21 years old. I’ve lost -120+lbs and have maintained it for nearly 25 years, and people always ask me, “What is the secret?” Friend, there is no secret and there is no one-size-fits-all-formula. And you certainly can’t buy this on Amazon.
Buuuuttt….there are a number of disciplines and practices that I implemented to lose and maintain my weight and continually improve my health for over 2 decades now.
While I lost over 70+lbs pretty quickly (within the first 6 months) and quite simply (I didn’t say it was easy) by implementing the mantra: eat less, move more, (that’s tip #1!) there were a number of additional life lessons that I learned that have helped me not only lose additional weight, but helped me on the journey to wholeness and health!
I pray these tips (and scriptures) will help you or someone you know seeking to make healthier choices or who’s on the journey to healing and wholeness.
1. Willpower will always fail you. God’s strength never does. Zech 4:6
2. While eating less and moving more gave me a jump start, I had to heal the root of why I was eating–I “ate” emotions of shame, guilt, fear, and more. The true “weight” was already lifted–Jesus carries all of that (and sometimes me) now. Matt 11:28-30
3. You WILL want to throw in the towel, that’s why you have to have an accountability buddy, someone who’ll throw it back and say, “We’re not done yet.” You are not meant to do this on your own. Ecc 4:12
4. It’s true: motivation gets you started, but discipline keeps you going. It may be painful, but oh-so-worthwhile. Heb 12:11
5. Investing time, money and resources in yourself is the best investment you can ever make. As a result, your life will improve and so will those around you. 1 Corin 6:19-20
P.S. If you’re looking to grow deeper in your understanding of God, have accountability to stay committed to your health goals and live out your faith everyday, I invite you to join us in Lighten Up Lifestyle– a membership group for women seeking to grow and learn together as we live as The Light! Early action offer ends 1/14/22! Learn more here.