God’s Word reminds us that our bodies are not our own, and they’ve been bought with a price.
“Have you forgotten that your body is now the sacred temple of the Spirit of Holiness, who lives in you?
You don’t belong to yourself any longer, for the gift of God, the Holy Spirit, lives inside your sanctuary.
You were God’s expensive purchase, paid for with tears of blood, so by all means, then, use your body to bring glory to God!”
1 Corin 6;19-20
While our bodies are temporary, we must steward what God’s gifted us for the time we have!
According to Merriam Webster, steward (v) can be defined as: “to manage or look after.”
How well do we manage what we’ve been entrusted? I don’t know about you, friend, but all-too-often, I take my ability to walk or even something as automatic as breathing for granted. You too? Sadly, when it’s compromised, I have such a deeper appreciation; my prayer is that we practice gratitude for what God’s entrusted to us and look after our health with love and care, after all, we are the home of The Holy Spirit.
Here are some simple, practical tips to help you steward your health unto The Lord:
- Begin each day with gratitude–no matter the number on the scale or the appearance of lumps or bumps. God loves you and created you YOUniquely and for a purpose. Thank Him for the gift of life!
- Devote time each day to move your body! Include a daily movement goal in your everyday routine–start small and increase over time! And if you’re not a fan of exercise, reframe it as an act of worship not a dreaded or obligatory have-to-chore.
- Make healthier choices. Who doesn’t love a juicy burger and side of salty fries!? Maybe you go for the turkey burger instead and bake or air fry some sweet potatoes or choose a side salad instead. Healthy can taste good!
- Enhance your diet with supplements. Our soil has been depleted over time so our foods do not have the same nutritional value they once did. Do some research and invest in natural, whole-food-ingredient supplements to support your healthy lifestyle. (Note: I’ve researched a great deal over the last year and am happy to share some of my findings with you…email me if you want more insight.)
- Drink water (1/2 of your body weight at least!) every day! Our world is riddled with sugar. Sugary drinks and chemically-laden substitutes can wreak havoc on your health. Increase your water intake and replace any sugary beverages with healthier alternatives.
What are some ways you steward your health or implement healthier practices into your daily life? I’d love to hear from you!